Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Σάββατο 20 Μαρτίου 2021

A NEW BOOK.An Angelic Life .A Vision of Orthodox Monasticism by Hieromonk Ephraim


 


An Angelic Life

 A Vision of Orthodox Monasticis by Hieromonk Ephraim 

 About This Book

... In order to have a clear vision of what our monastic life is all about, I began to put down in writing precisely what this vision was that I had acquired after studying the Bible and the holy Fathers, after my years of living on Mount Athos, and after being Elder Ephraim’s cell attendant in Arizona for more than two decades and closely witnessing a contemporary, living example of holy monastic life. When I had completed writing several dozen pages, I translated them into Greek for Elder Ephraim to examine. He was delighted to see the direction this book was heading and encouraged me to continue writing. In the years that have passed since then, I expanded this book considerably. Being aware of my many shortcomings and how difficult it is to write a comprehensive book on a topic with such breadth and complexity as the monastic life, I shared rough drafts of this book with many people around the world ...

 

Hieromonk Ephraim

 

St. Nilus Skete, Alaska

 

www.stnilus.org/book.htm

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: