Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Σάββατο 17 Απριλίου 2021

What does it mean to see God?


What does it mean to see God? 

 

In the Holy Scriptures we read: “Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.” 


If I say that I see God, by saying this I'm saying that my heart is pure.  


And if I’m saying that my heart is pure, this means that I’m absolutely ignorant of myself - I’m in serious delusion. 


I’m in the sort of delusion, which becomes practically impossible to cure because I don’t know my heart, which is the place and the source of all evil.  


And in general, the heart of a human being is the source of all the evil things that happen in the world. The Lord Himself teaches us this.  


What should I do in order to see God? 


I must cleanse my heart.  


How can I cleanse my heart?  


How can a human being cleanse his heart, by what means can he do this when there is nothing in a human being that is holy? 


Only God is holy... So how can you cleanse your heart if not through Him?  


And once again we come back to the same thing... we come back to what is unreachable for us, but is the only way of cleansing the heart. 


This is the noetic prayer, the Jesus Prayer, without which it is impossible to cleanse the heart, because the heart can only be cleansed by Jesus Christ.  


Archpriest Theodore Gignadze


 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: