Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Παρασκευή 16 Νοεμβρίου 2018

When I first came to the Holy Mountain, I asked the monk in the monastery of St. Anne:

When I first came to the Holy Mountain, I asked the monk in the monastery of St. Anne: 

- Father, you are a monk, you do not have a family, children, you do not build houses, you do not work at a factory; what are you doing for the world? 

Then I was 16 years old. And he answered me: 

"You know, I am subject to many passions and infirmities." I am constantly angry, nervous, I have a difficult character. And my business for you, living in peace, is your rest, for I do not burden you with your passions and weaknesses. If I lived next to you, I would tire you with myself, my heavy character. Now at least I'm not bothering anyone. I live here in my silence, in my mistakes, in my sins, but I leave you alone.

These are very deep and meaningful words. We should strive not to irritate those who are close to us, not to bore them, not to oppress their personality. Because even if you talk with a person about something good and right, but you push on it - it's annoying. For example, when someone tells you to fast, pray, go to church, but is too insistent, this suggestion only irritates and angers, and the result is the opposite. So leave the other alone, so that he gradually understands everything you want to tell him, do not force people to do something violently, do not irritate them.

Last 22 years from one of my trips to the Holy Mountain, and the devotee continues to do the same thing - he lives in silence, he entered the hive of his soul, and collected honey of his life, but now people will ask him for help, come and say: 

- Give us the strength of your soul, sit down to talk with us, we want to touch you, we want to confess to you! 

You see, he did not disturb anyone, but now people are bothering him and are looking for him. Why? Because he has what they do not have. When you disturb other people and put pressure on them, you can not calm their souls, you will not convince them to change their lives. You can not force a person to change his life by force, one can not impose good on him. You can only change yourself. Therefore, so often our words are not heard, no one is persuaded and does not affect the rest of the people.

Archimandrite Andrew (Conanos).

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: