Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Τρίτη 1 Μαΐου 2018

GOD’S TIME vs. OUR 24/7 CULTURE (Tuesday, May 1). COFFEE ST. VASSA.

GOD’S TIME vs. OUR 24/7 CULTURE
(Tuesday, May 1)

“After this Jesus went about in Galilee; he would not go about in Judea, because the Jews sought to kill him. Now the Jews’ feast of Tabernacles was at hand. So his brothers said to him, ‘Leave here and go to Judea, that your disciples may see the works you are doing. For no man works in secret if he seeks to be known openly. If you do these things, show yourself to the world.’ For even his brothers did not believe in him. Jesus said to them, ‘My time has not yet come, but your time is always here. The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify of it that its works are evil. Go to the feast yourselves; I am not going up to this feast, for my time has not yet fully come.’ So saying, he remained in Galilee.” (Jn 7: 1-9)

The “brothers” of Jesus instruct Him, as if He needed instruction in the how and why of the “works” He was doing. Thus we know that “even his brothers did not believe in him,” because they presume to instruct Him in this way. 

But their lack of faith in Him, as the God-Man, puts them on an entirely different “page” from Him, and places them into an entirely different (sense of) “time.” They are outside of God’s “time-zone,” in which every moment has a divinely-willed meaning and purpose, in His eternal Logos, Who is Meaning itself, bestowing meaning in various ways to various moments of our lives, according to His divine purpose. But these “brothers” are in a merely-human “time-zone,” in which anything and everything is “always here” 24/7, according to the not-omniscient whims of human will – as it happens, incidentally, in the 24/7 Internet-culture of our day.

Let me take pause today, and disconnect from the 24/7 flow of information and activity online, that I may re-connect with God. Let me let Him take His time with me, as I experience the patient and humble workings of His grace on my heart, when I open up to Him in some heartfelt prayer. Lord, let me be open to Your guidance and instruction today, rather than instruct You on the hows and whys of Your work in our midst and in my life. “Thy will be done“ with me today, as and when You see fit.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: