Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Τετάρτη 20 Ιουνίου 2018

In times of struggle, read Psalm 122 and you will find hope; especially in the words of verse 2: "My help come from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth!"

One upon a time a father took his young son to the park to play in the sandbox. As he watched, the young boy became noticeably agitated. Someone had placed a large rock in the middle of the sand box. The young boy tried to pick it up but it was too heavy. He tried to roll it but couldn't. He even lay on his back and tried to push the rock with his legs, but that didn't work either. The dad finally walked over to his son, who said, "Daddy I have tried everything and I can't get this rock out of my sand box."

The father replied, "Son, you haven't tried everything."

The boy said, "Daddy, I did try everything. I tried to pick it up, I tried to roll it and I tried to push it and nothing worked."

The dad bent down and lifted the rock out of the sandbox and said, "You see son, you didn't try everything. You didn't ask me to help you!"

Do you have a rock in your life today that you can't move? Is there a stone or bolder blocking your path that you've tried to move, but couldn't? Have you tried everything? Have you gone to your Heavenly Father to ask for help? Sometimes we make the greatest progress by simply saying: "God I can't, but You can!"

In times of struggle, read Psalm 122 and you will find hope; especially in the words of verse 2: "My help come from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth!"

Fr. John

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: