Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Σάββατο 9 Ιουνίου 2018

Talking with Geronta Pavlos of Sinai




Talking with Geronta Pavlos of Sinai

Q The Ladder of Divine Ascent stresses the need 'to keep' one's baptism, and you've emphasized the joy that results when humility draws the grace of God. Perhaps some find it hard to hope in Christ’s forgiveness though, having lived far from God..

A And why should we not hope, when Christ made Himself the friend of sinners? Wasn’t He accused for doing this when He associated with tax collectors such as Zacchaeus, who then promised to amend his life? Since God is love He came and gathered exactly such people near Him; therefore a person with such feelings can say, “Since I’m a sinner, it’s me that God wants!” Why not live this happiness then, instead of agonizing over what happened in the past … After all, who is the sinless one?

Q How then do I actually 'change my mind' according to the Greek 'metanoia' (repentance)?

A “Formerly, before embracing metanoia, I was thinking of evil. Now, in metanoia, I will think of good.” And try to do it, of course.
Q Changing one's life begins in the thoughts..

A Yes.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: