Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Πέμπτη 15 Νοεμβρίου 2018

Confession of a former drug addict.

Confession of a former drug addict. 

At first I smoked weed. Then there were the heavier drugs. I thought that at any time I could quit, everything is in my will. But heroin didn't think so. At some point, I realized that I was addicted. I stole money from home, then I started to selling things. Locks were set in all the doors in the apartment. In the fridge too. Everyone hid from me. 
And I, when I needed the money for a dose, decided to visit my grandmother. She has old icons. I thought I could sell them and went. 
She met me with such love that I burst into tears and said that I had come to rob her. She handed me an icon of Seraphim of Sarov and said: "Here's an icon for you, only you don't sell it, but pray. This is a holy man, he will help you, I know." And showed how to pray. 
I returned home shocked. Began to break down in tears. I put an icon in front of me and for a long, long time looked into the eyes of the saint. Then I tried to sleep.
And then he gazed at me and said: “Only work and Jesus prayer can save you. Go to church right now, ask for work, they will give you. and what is left will be your lunch. Do not be depressed, my joy, everything will be fine, pray to the Lord, He is merciful. " 
When I woke up, I did everything. They gave me a job at the church as a janitor. Every day I cleaned the courtyard and prayed all the time to myself, as Saint Seraphim commanded: "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner." At first it was unbearable. But I held on - for the sake of my grandmother and the prayers of a saint. Gradually I got over my addiction.. 
Nobody believed that I can do it. But I didn't do it 
myself. My grandmother supported me with the prayers of St. Seraphim.

Igor V. (Taken from the Orthodox calendar "Tselebnik").

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: