Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Πέμπτη 15 Νοεμβρίου 2018

In 1913, Metropolitan Benjamin (Fedchenkov) was a guest in the Optina Hermitage, where an incident occurred to him about which he tells:

In 1913, Metropolitan Benjamin (Fedchenkov) was a guest in the Optina Hermitage, where an incident occurred to him about which he tells:

“I was placed in a skete. Somehow, going to the liturgy, I forgot to take the key and slammed the door behind me; it  locked by itself, and in order to open it, it needed a special screw key. What to do? Disassemble the glass in the window? After the liturgy, he told Father Ekari about his mistake. Without saying anything, he took a bunch of keys and went to my dwelling. But it turned out that the heart of the similar key that he picked up was smaller than the hole of the lock. Then he picked up a thin twig from the floor, broke off a piece from it, wrapped it around the key and began to twirl ... But no matter how hard he worked, everything was in vain, the key was spinning helplessly. 

"Batyushka,"- I say to him, "you, apparently, have put too much twig on the key! Take a thinner one, then it will be tighter!"
He paused for a moment, and then answered: 

“No, it’s not from that ... But because I started without prayer.”

And then he fervently crossed himself, uttering the Jesus prayer: "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner." He began to twist again with the same twig, and the lock immediately unlocked. Afterwards, on my own and on someone else's experience, I checked many times that using the name of God works wonders even in small things. And not only I used it myself and use it until now, but also others, teach others to do the same.”

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: