Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Κυριακή 6 Ιανουαρίου 2019

A TRIBUTE TO THE HUMBLEST SPIRITUAL FATHER OF DIONYSOS





At Agios Georgios (St. George) parish church, in Dionysos, Attica (at the foot of Penteli Mountain, near Athens), I met hieromonk Markos Manolis. I was 23 years old then. The heights of his ascetics and self-sacrifice are unparalleled. He never slept and was always there for his spiritual children. A great many of his spiritual children had seen him walking above the ground during the Holy Liturgy. When he first saw me, he called me by my first name. I had never known him before. How come he knew my name? His great humility and abstention from sleep and unceasing prayers had opened his spiritual eyes and he was endowed with the gift of foresight. He was one of the most militant adversaries of ecumenism, spiritual leader of  the “Orthodoxos Typos” newspaper, but above all a true spiritual father and leader of many spiritual brothers and sisters in Christ in villages, towns, hospitals, jails around Athens and in Athens itself.  The memorial of the dormition of Hieromonk Markos Manolis is approaching and I think everyone who was blessed to have met him feels strongly that Fr. Markos is not dead, but among us! A great intercessor for all of us sinners.

By  Sofia Kioroglou

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: