Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Πέμπτη 1 Μαΐου 2014

I AM A HEART THAT IS FILLED WITH STAINS









Dear People, Χριστός Άνέστη, Christ Is Risen,

This is a short meditation on the love and forgiveness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  It came to me from Greece.  I do not know who wrote it or when it was written.  I only know that it comes from the heart of a committed follower of Jesus Christ.  When I read it, it touched the very core of my being for it expresses the profound love that Jesus has for all people born into this world.  As Saint Porphyrios says about Jesus: “Christ is everything.  He is joy.  He is life. He is light.  He is the true light who makes mankind joyful.  He makes mankind soar with happiness.  He makes us see everything, everybody; He makes us feel for everyone. He wants everyone with Him, everyone with Christ.”  I pray that it will be a special blessing to you as it has been for me.  

Christ Is Risen,   Χριστός Άνέστη
+Πρεσβ. Κωνσταντίνος Δ. Σιμώνης





I AM A HEART THAT IS FILLED WITH STAINS



I am a heart that is filled with stains.  I am a fornicator.  I am an adulterer. I am a robber.  I am arrogant. I am a thief.  I am hard-hearted. I am a prodigal. I am filled with sins.  Every time my vagabond mind wanders about it fantasizes about doing prodigal things. Every time I commit a sin, it is like taking a hammer in one hand and a nail in the other and then wounding my Lord and Savior.  I wound Him who loved me even before I was born.  I wound Him even before He climbed upon the Cross and forgave all of my sins. And when His divine blood flowed from His body and spilled upon the ground, this revealed His true, selfless, heroic, and painful love for us; this is a love that continues today and into all our tomorrow’s; it was then, at the moment of His profound sacrifice, that He was revealed to us as truly God.  He revealed then that He was the God of love and forgiveness.  And I, what do I do?  How do I dare to continue to wound Him?

The answer to this question has been given to us by Him!  It was given to the prostitute as it is stated in the Gospel.  He revealed that He had a heart that is filled with forgiveness.  This forgiveness of Christ was given for all eternity.  This is a type of forgiveness that cannot be hidden from the world because His sacrifice is like a celebration, the celebration of mankind entering Paradise.  Souls that repent belong to Jesus Christ.  These repentant souls are the souls of prostitutes, of prodigals, of robbers, deceivers, and the least of men.  What about your soul?  Is there any hope for you?  Weep and repent.  Abandon your passions and your sins and place them before Jesus Christ and He will take your wounded souls unto Himself.  He will once again make them pure and they will rejoice for all eternity.  Therefore, because of Jesus Christ nothing has been lost.  We still have hope.  

Translated from the Greek by:
+Fr. Constantine (Charles) J. Simones, April 29, 2014, Waterford, CT. USA,  cjsimones300@gmail.com 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: