Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Τρίτη 10 Ιουλίου 2018

From the book; "The Church's Open Heart" Metropolitan Athanasios of Limasol

When I arrived in 1976 and met him, I said to him: "Geronda, you have great glory in the world, people have a good opinion of you and your name." He told me, laughing, as usual, cheerfully and wisely: "Now, when you got up here, did you go through the garbage dump?" (Which was in Kara). I replied: "I passed ..." - "There, in the rubbish in Karya, there are many cans of squid lying around, and when the sun goes down, they shine. The same happens with people. They see the sun shining on the tin can, which I am, and they think it's gold. But if you come closer, my child, then you see that this is a can of squid. " He was saying this by joking. However, later, when we spoke seriously, he sometimes said with sorrow: "For me, my father, my greatest enemy is my name. Woe to a man and a monk who "acquires a name." For then he has no rest, and people start to invent things that often do not correspond to the truth, and then he becomes a subject of wrangling. "

From the book; "The Church's Open Heart" Metropolitan Athanasios of Limasol

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: