Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Πέμπτη 27 Σεπτεμβρίου 2018

The story by Metropolitan Anthony of Sourozh.





The story by Metropolitan Anthony of Sourozh.

He came before the evening service was over, "said Vladyka Anthony," impatiently placed his parcel on the bench by the exit. And then something happened to him, because after he handed over the parcel and everyone left, I walked around the church and found that he was still sitting at the exit.
I cautiously remarked:
"It's time to go home.
He said:
- No, first you have to explain to me: what's going on here. What came over me, what influenced me? I'm an unbeliever, I'm sure there is no God, but something was happening here. What was it: the flickering of candles, the melancholy singing of your choir, a calm that you will not find on the street?
I shrugged and answered him:
"I would say this is God's presence, but if you are sure that there is no God, you will have to look for another explanation."
He said:
"Yes, but I want to come here when there is no one in the church and the collective hysteria of your parishioners can not act on me. And you too go away: I do not want to be influenced by your presence.
I agreed:
- All right, I'll go.
He came several times, sat for a long time and once told me:
"You know, when nobody is here and you are not there, there is still something in this church that I have not met, I have not found it anywhere else. Suppose this is God who lives here, and in His presence, people are well, calmly, comfortably, they feel good feelings towards each other. What of it? You gave Him a home, He settled comfortably here, He welcomes you hospitably when you come, but what's next?
I answered:
- I do not know, come again and find out.
He continued to come and once said to me:
- You know, I noticed this: when people come to church, their faces are cared for, their behavior is tense, but they go away calm. It is felt: they are at peace with themselves and with each other. And there is one more thing that I just can not understand. People who come up to the steps in the morning ahead and get something from the cup with a spoon come up with one expression, and when they go back, their faces change completely, they have light, they have light in their eyes. Therefore, your God must be not only the Owner of this building, He is an active God, He does something with people, and I would like someone to do this for me.
I said:
- Yes, but what are you going to do next?
"I want you to talk to me and explain to me what I do not understand or do not know."
And for some time he regularly came, then began to attend the services, calmly and quietly stood and once said to me:
- Now I know: God, your God is an active God, Who changes people. I, too, need to change. Can I be baptized?

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: