Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Σάββατο 10 Ιουλίου 2021

“For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed; and hidden that will not be known.” (Matt. 10:36)

 



“For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed; and hidden that will not be known.” (Matt. 10:36)


Like many people, I always felt angry when people would seemingly get away with doing something wrong. Whether it was lying or stealing for personal gain or bilking the savings from thousands of elderly persons through a Pyramid Scheme, it always irked me that justice wasn’t meted out. Yet as I studied scripture and grew in my faith, I came to understand that there will be a day of judgement, a day of atonement, where each of us will stand before God and answer as to how we lived our life. This, in itself scares the heck out of me because of all the sinful wrongs I do, but it also alleviated that feeling that people were somehow getting away with murder. And in the end, I think I’m much better off spiritually since I realize that everyone will be judged, and that God’s judgment is just and right.


Giving things like this over to God to deal with in His time releaves the burdens of the present and the anguish of the past.


Fr. John

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: