Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Κυριακή 14 Μαΐου 2023

A crabby old woman, not very wise,Uncertain of habit with faraway eyes?


"What do you see, nurses, what do you see?
What are you thinking when you’re looking at me?

A crabby old woman, not very wise,
Uncertain of habit with faraway eyes?

I’m a small child of 10 with a mother and father,
Brothers and sisters who love one another.

I’m a bride in her 20’s, my heart gives a leap,
Remembering the vow that I promised to keep.

I’m a woman of 30. My young now grow fast,
Bound to each other with ties that should last.

Now I am 40. My children have grown and gone.
And my man is beside me to see I don’t mourn.

At 50, once more babies play round my knees,
Again we know children, my husband and me.

I’m an old woman now and nature is cruel.
`Tis her jest to make old age look like a fool.

The body it crumbles, grace and vigor depart.
I’m weak and there is an ache in my heart.

But inside this old carcass a young girl still dwells.
And now and again my battered heart swells.

I remember the joys, I remember the pain,
And I am loving and living life over again.

I think of the years, all too few, gone too fast.
And accept the stark fact that nothing can last.

So open your eyes, nurses, open and see.
Not a crabby old woman. Look closer, see me."
--Author Unknown

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: