Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Τετάρτη 4 Αυγούστου 2021

Elder Paisios: For foreigners

          


When I was going by plane to Australia, the girl came there and offered us candies. I got one - thank you  -she tells me. That is, thank you for accepting the candy I offered you.

"Look, I say, they surpassed Saint Isaac in sensitivity and delicacy!"

 

Then, one day I was walking down the street, I see people gathered, I go to see what had happened - a poor dog, a car had hit it and people gathered around, to help, another to pick up the phone, another something else. Very sensitive and interesting, I admired.

 

After a few days, I was walking on the street again, I saw a man lying on the sidewalk moaning. A day laborer, he was working, he fell down the stairs and he must have broken his waist… Nobody cared… Passers-by, they looked indifferently and left. He says the ambulance will come to pick him up. He tells you, I am not responsible, the state will take care of him… Let me not get involved and drag me to the courts as a witness.

 

I went to run. Go, go…. such indifference to fellow human beings… What culture and kindness do they say to me afterwards? You see, the Europeans have only one external kindness, and that out of necessity so that they do not kill each other… Cold hearts… while the Greeks have filotimo/respect, and let us not have kindness.

 

 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: