Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Πέμπτη 1 Φεβρουαρίου 2024

“For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel…I will be their God, and they shall be My people.” (Hebrews 8:219)



“For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel…I will be their God, and they shall be My people.” (Hebrews 8:219)

When the Bible was being translated into English, they mistakenly used the word “testament” instead of the more correct term, “covenant.” And although there are some similarities, there are more differences. At the foremost is the fact that a testament is a declaration made by the testator that is written down and is enforced after the testator’s death. Whereas a covenant is a binding agreement or promise between two parties to perform certain actions. Thus, God makes a promise with us for salvation of our souls, and we promise to do our part by living, loving, and worshipping Him in return.  

Sadly, the concept of a covenant has been lost to this generation where promises are made and broken with little concern for truth and trust. The side-effect of this is an over litigious society.

Fr. John

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: