Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Πέμπτη 15 Νοεμβρίου 2018

One person who lived in Constantinople was extremely gracious to the poor......

One person who lived in Constantinople was extremely gracious to the poor. When he walked along the city streets, he was always followed by a lot of beggars, and he put in each of their hands alms. The closest of his friends asked once: “What made you be so gracious?” He replied: “When I, being a ten-year-old youth, entered the church once, from an old man who taught people, I heard that he who gives a beggar alms He puts it in the hands of Christ Himself. I didn’t believe it and thought: “Christ is now in Heaven, sitting at the right hand of the Father, how can He be on earth and accept what they give to the poor?” With such thoughts I returned home and suddenly I saw a beggar over whom was Jesus Christ. I was terrified. "And then what did you see?" "When he gave one of the beggars whom he had passed a peace of bread, then Christ himself accepted the bread and blessed the one who had served. Seeing such a miracle, I believed."

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: