Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Πέμπτη 26 Απριλίου 2018

Parable: So said two candles

Parable:

So said two candles

"I feel sorry for you," said a unlit candle to her lit friend. - Your life is short. You burn all the time, and soon nothing will remain of you. I am much happier than you. I do not burn, and therefore I do not melt; I lay quietly on my side and will live very long. Your days are numbered."

The burning candle answered:

"I do not regret that I'm burning. My life is beautiful and full of meaning. Yes, my wax melts, but from my fire many other candles are lit, and my fire does not decrease from this. And when the wax and wick will burn, my fire - the soul of the candle - will unite with the fire of space, the particle of which it appeared, and I will again be in my magnificent and shining fire house. And here I disperse the darkness of night with my light; I make people's houses brighter and more comfortable; I rejoice in the Christmas tree; I am healing the air at the patient's bed, because the pathogens of diseases do not endure a living fire; I stand as a symbol of prayer aspiration before sacred images. Is not my short life beautiful ?! And I'm sorry for you, my unlit sister. Pity your fate. Why do you exist? You have not fulfilled your purpose; and where is your soul a fire? Yes, you lie in security for many years, but who needs you, and what joy, what is the use of you? It's right, it's better to burn than to rest, because in burning is life, and in hibernation is death. And you pity me that I will soon be burned and will cease to live, but you, in your safe inaction, did not begin to exist; so you will die without starting. And life will pass by.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: