Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Τρίτη 22 Δεκεμβρίου 2020

In the Christmas Carol, Ebenezer Scrooge ...........


 

In the Christmas Carol, Ebenezer Scrooge is visited by the ghost of his deceased partner Jacob Marley, who admits, “In life, my spirit never rose beyond the limits of our money changing!” Because of this his soul is now doomed to wander eternally without rest or peace, experiencing the incessant torture of remorse and bound by the chains he willingly forged in life. Scrooge responds by reminding him that he was always a good man of business. Upon hearing this, however, Marley wrings his hands and cries out in a mournful voice:

“Business? Mankind was my business! The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business; and it is at this time of the year that I suffer most!”

Therefore, let us never forget that as Christ’s disciples it is our business to do God’s work and care for one another’s welfare.

Fr. John


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: