Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Πέμπτη 26 Απριλίου 2018

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner."

Among laymen who have families, I have met many more people who have attained such grace. A person from the city of Banja Luka came to me, who lives in the world and practices the Jesus' prayer. He is an old school friend, a family man, has children and works. Not that he was especially devout, just a very good person, a good soul. 

Somehow we got to talking, and I asked my friend: "Why do not you do Jesus' prayer?" The friend was surprised and answered: "I would like too, but I can not." - "I'll teach you ..." And I taught him and gave him a kombuskini. Soon my friend acquired grace, was reborn and transformed his family. And he spent so much time practicing the Jesus Prayer, and something happened ... After a while this person comes to me and says: "I do not know, Father, some kind of joy lit me up and unspeakable peace. I constantly hear in my heart: "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner." I use to remember what I was thinking about, but now there's nothing like it in my head. 

I sinned with impure thoughts about women, I could take offense at any occasion, and now, I do not know, I can not take offense, I can not explain what happened to me. Only I rejoice, in all my being there is some unspeakable joy and peace. "
"You have received grace," I say to him, "and it will be with you until you become attached to the thought of some kind of worldly care." If this happens, then at first you will cease to hear the prayer in your heart, and then gradually you will lose peace and joy. Then you will again be tormented by the heavy thoughts of this world, ruled by demonic forces. If you want to preserve this grace, you must constantly pray to reflect your heavy and sorrowful thoughts with prayer, and thus you will be able to maintain the peace and joy that you are feeling right now.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: