Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Τρίτη 10 Ιουλίου 2018

BRIEF STORIES ABOUT THE DEVOTEES OF GEORGIA by Archimandrite Raphael (Karelin)



Catholicos-Patriarch Ephraim (Sidamonidze) loved to grow flowers. When he was arrested, during a search, in search of money, plant pots broke, but, of course, nothing was found. Patriarch Ephraim said: "I have one fate with flowers: they were broken and thrown to the floor, and I was taken to prison." 

Patriarch Ephraim said that when he was taken to prison in the night, all the seats on the bunks were occupied, and he lay down on the floor. Seeing this, the Tatar-Mohammedan conceded to him his bunks. The Patriarch (then a bishop) said: "There is enough room for two," but the Tatar replied: "I am not worthy to lie next to God's man."

The parishioners of one church complained to Patriarch Ephraim about the priest. He came to the evening service, stood at the door, and when the service was over, he went up to the pulpit and said: "I want to wear a silk shirt, but there is no money, I have to wear a plain calico. You want a sinless priest, but I do not. You have "Lord, have mercy" in the temple, and this is enough for your salvation "- and left the temple.

Archimandrite Parfenii (Aptsiauri) said: "When I was a boy, my mother (stepmother) herself took me to the Shio-Mgvim Monastery. There I was given obedience to graze cows. When I prayed loudly, the cows did not go far, did not run away, they grazed near me, as if they were listening to a prayer. In the 1920s, the rector of the Shio-Mgvim monastery was appointed young hieromonk Ephraim (Sidamonidze), the future Patriarch of Georgia. Once he asked me: "Do you know what it means to open and close the monastery gate?". I replied that I had been doing this for several years. He said: "Go to bed, repeat a Psalter in your mind and fall asleep with it, that you will close your heart from the devil. In the morning, when waking up, first of all say Jesus' prayer, and then recite some verses from the psalm, by this you will dedicate the beginning of your day to God. With His name begin the day: open the gates of the monastery. " These words I took as the blessing of the abbot and, no matter how tired I was, I read the Psalter before going to bed, then I repeated one of the poems I read and so plunged into sleep. I felt that I was also praying in a dream. "

At one of the conferences of the Council of the World, Patriarch Ephraim was asked to speak. He went up to the rostrum and, addressing the American sitting in the front row, asked: "You, an American, want war?". He replied: "Of course, I do not want to." The Patriarch said: "I do not want either" - and left the rostrum. This was the shortest of all the speeches, but it caused the most prolonged applause. 


Metropolitan Zinovy ​​(Mazhuga) in the last years of his life served the early Liturgy, and then went to the cell and went to rest - so weakened from persistent illnesses. He could not stand on his feet for a long time and tried not to delay the service. The exception was the Cherubic song, during which he took out particles for the living and the dead. Then he seemed to forget about time and about his infirmities, but he was about 90 years old.

Metropolitan Zinovy ​​said that in prison he especially diligently prayed to the Mother of God and felt Her help. 

Vladyka Zinovy ​​also said that one of the Glyn monks, who was forced to report to his fellows, told him that after interrogations and tortures, when he was beaten, again thrown on the water-filled floor of the cell, he felt not pain, but unusual, or with than incomparable joy, not only in the soul, but also in the whole body, and warmly thanked God that he did not become a slanderer because of fear, did not betray Christ in the person of his brothers. 

*
Schiarkhimandrite Andronik (Lukash) bequeathed to his children never to take off his own cross, even if a person washes in a bath. He told a story from his youth. Once the young men went to the river, and his neighbor, the best swimmer among them, before going into the water, took off his cross and laid it on the shore. Father Andronic felt something amiss and asked him why he did it. He replied: "The Spirit told me." Father Andronic warned him: "Do you know what spirit is afraid of the cross?". But he already began to justify his deed differently: "How will I wear the cross naked? When I swim, I'll put it on again. " He, as if drawn by some force, rushed to the river, dived and did not come out any more. They brought home only his clothes and a cross left on the stone.

The elder said: "A Christian without a cross is like a warrior who left his weapon ... As a hunter guards his prey, so the devil watches a man day and night. When he sees that a man has taken off the cross, he acts freely in his soul, as they enter a house without gates. " 

*
Shiarhimandrite Vitaly (Sidorenko) loved to repeat the words of Abba Dorotheus: "Christ comes to us in the form of a man; what you will do for a man - you will do for Christ "[1]. He tried not to pass by the beggar, not giving him alms. This was his rule, which he bequeathed to his children. It happened that when he had no money, he gave the beggar something of his clothes, and not just a beggar. Once in a conversation he learned that his brother had old, torn trousers. He immediately, in the metro, quickly took off his pants and gave it to him, and since he was dressed in a cassock and a long cloak, it was not immediately revealed. 
He said: "If you carry money to pay the debt, and on the way the beggar will meet and in your mind will struggle thoughts: return a debt or give alms to a beggar, then give alms; it is better to remain a debtor to man than to God. "

✓ DECISIONS OF THE FATHERS 

Monk Amvrosy (Gvazava) said: "Our hegumen said: not enemies, but our sins close the temples and monasteries. Is not God able to protect his property? But for our negligence, He intended us to be saved by sorrows. " 

Shiarchimandrite Andronik (Lukash) said: "Laughter, jokes and caresses are not the work of a monk, they are the habits of the world, from which he denied. If a monk attains grace, then without humor and outward affection in words he can console people. "

One woman told her father, Andronik: "When people condemn me, I sit silently, not entering into conversation." The old man replied: "It would be better if you said that you listen in silence, not missing a word. Anyone who listens to slander, becomes a participant in slander, and what you remember, in due time, will tell others. Who could not hold the rumor, will not be able to retain the language. " She said: "Father, if I get up and leave, I will offend a person." Father Andronicus replied: "It is better to offend a man than God; it is better to lose friendship than grace. " 

They asked Shikharchimandrite Vitaly (Sidorenko) what he found best for salvation. He replied: "Prayer with repentance."

A certain monk complained to Father Vitaly that the brother with whom he lives in one cell is grumpy. Father Vitaly said: "And everywhere it was good for me." The monk was surprised and asked: "Explain to me what your words mean." Father Vitali replied: "With whomsoever I was, I tried not to me with people, but with me it was good for people, and put on my heart - to cut off my will before each person." 

Archimandrite Gabriel (Urgebadze) said: "If you saw what grace goes on the Liturgy, you would be ready to collect dust from the floor of the temple and wash your face with it!".

Archimandrite Gabriel was asked when the end of the world would be. Abba replied: "Twenty-four elders pray that the Lord will soon come to earth to judge the living and the dead. And the twenty-four saints on earth pray that the Lord will extend the time for repentance. Among them is the Betan archimandrite. " He was asked: "There are two archimandrites, which one is it?". Abba replied: "Enough of what I said, and more talk about it is not useful." 

Patriarch David (Devdariani) said: "Mother for her child is a wall unbreakable and guardian vigilant." 

Patriarch Ephraim (Sidamonidze) said: "If one of the two is intelligent, there will be no quarrel." 

In Forgiven Sunday, Patriarch Ephraim told the priests: "Kiss the epitrachel and the throne, kiss each other, warm each other with the warmth of your love."

Before his death, Patriarch Ephraim said: "It's time for me to go on my final journey. I take away all the punishment from those whom I have punished, I forgive everyone and ask forgiveness from those I have offended; I give all the court to God. " 

The Catholicos-Patriarch Kalistrat (Tsintsadze) prayed for a long time before the icon of St. Nicholas, and then he said: "You are an archbishop, and I am the Patriarch, so hear and fulfill the request of the Patriarch." 

The Catholicos-Patriarch Calistrat said that the Church was preserved by God and the common people. 

Skhigumen Savva (Ostapenko) said: "One of the signs of Jesus' prayer is the desire for silence and solitude. He who has the name of Jesus Christ in his heart does not speak lush words and does not repeat the same thing twice. "

Sikhigumen Sawa said: "He who speaks during the service, he becomes an accomplice of the devil, who tries to take away the prayer." If Father Sawa heard the conversation in the altar during the service, he abruptly, even with anger interrupted him. When someone asked him during the service, he did not answer, and if they repeated the question, he said: "During the Liturgy, a greater deed is accomplished than during the time of the universe, but you do not understand this." Often Father Sawa answered the question not with words, but with prayer. He said: "I will pray, and you will be given an answer." 

Shiarchimandrite Seraphim (Romantsov) said: "The only feat for the young is obedience. Drift without obedience - walking on stilts. "

One mother, complaining about the children, Father Seraphim said: "You remember the commandment well:" Honor the father and mother "*, but forgot about the other:" Parents, irritate your children "**". 

Sriarhimandrite Seraphim said: "Blessed is he who loves cattle, but is told, * who loves cattle and thereby equated them with man." 

Szymonina Zosima said: "How many times the devil deceived you, and you still believe him." 

Sosimonahinya Zosima said: "The carnal love spiritually alienates people from each other. When an addiction passes, then such people become alien and unpleasant to each other. Sin does not unite, it only divides. "

Mother Zoili said: "I am a nun from a young age, the hand of a man has never touched me, but I ask the Lord that he pardon me as a harlot who anoints His feet with a world mixed with tears." 

Zoili's mothers said: "We did not see you angry; but what would you do and how would you do if you saw the fighting between the sisters? ". She said: "I would say to them:" If you want to fight, then fight with pillows. " 

Mother Zoili was asked: "Whom did you prepare as your successor?". She answered: "When I'm going to die, I'll put the hegumen staff at my cell: if anyone wants, let him take it." 

Source: http://www.pravoslavie.ru/36750.html

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: