Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου
Τρίτη 18 Αυγούστου 2026
A MONK HELPS. SAINT PORPHYRIOS OF KAFSOKALIVITES.
A MONK HELPS
Testimony of Fr. Joachim Hieromonk. Holy Cell of the Annunciation of the Theotokos. H.M. SIMONOPETRAS.
There was a group on Mount Athos that had a very strict and ascetic program. Almost every day they fasted and every night they kept a long vigil with countless kneelings, rosaries and a long Service. A monk suffered something, without even being able to determine what exactly was happening to him. He told them that he was sick, but no one in the group believed him. Even the Elder of the group mocked him for being lazy.
He was constantly trying to be punctual in the strict schedule, but every day he was getting worse.
As soon as he learned about the Saint, he went to consult him.
This monk, Father P., was very familiar to me and had told me: “I felt like no one understood me. I am sick and they tell me: ‘You have nothing!’ When I went to Father Porphyrios, before talking to him, he said to me: ‘You are sick, but no one believes you!’ He told me exactly what I should do, how to talk to my Elder, and I left feeling very refreshed.”
He had disturbed his nervous system with the indiscriminate and leveling ascetic program. Later, with the blessing of his Elder, he abandoned the escort and took a Holy Cell near a Monastery. He blindly obeyed his Spiritual, was taciturn, avoided socializing and did not stop saying the prayer. After years, not only I, but also many others, discerned in Father P. gifts of insight and foresight. God led him to the Saint and not only was he saved from the worst, but he also reached spiritual heights.
This incident was very special and rare that only a Saint could shed light on it. Of course, it does not justify in any way those monks who want to abandon their entourage.
Bibliography. Saint Porphyrios the Prophet.
Testimonies.
Publications. Agios Paulites Holy Cell of Saints Theodores Mount Athos
Εγγραφή σε:
Σχόλια ανάρτησης (Atom)
Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:
Δημοσίευση σχολίου