Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Κυριακή 2 Ιουνίου 2019

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."

Christ is Risen!

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."

In dealing with people our Lord used common, everyday analogies to promote His teachings. To the Jews of that time , many of whom were nomadic and sheperdic, they immediately understood the meaning behind Christ's use of sheep and other animals to relay a thought. It wasn't until I was in my first parish in rural Wisconsin and actually had my own cows and sheep that I finally "fully" understood those analogies. Although not fenced in, my sheep would never leave our yard except to follow me as I walked through a hayfield from the rectory to the church. And then they would stay and graze around the church until I came out and walked back home. That was how I came to know the full impact and meaning of the above verse.

As "sheep" in our Lord's fold, we too must have that same sense of trust and closeness that sheep have with their master. This means we should always strive to stay close to Him so that His watchful eye might protect and keep us from the danger of sin.

Fr. John

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: