Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Κυριακή 5 Μαΐου 2024

A fragment in the Akhmimic dialect of Coptic of St. Melito of Sardis’s “On Pascha.”




A fragment in the Akhmimic dialect of Coptic of St. Melito of Sardis’s “On Pascha.” St. Melito (+180) was a 2nd century bishop of Sardis in Asia Minor. His work, “On Pascha” (Peri Pascha) is one of the oldest texts about the feast of Pascha. This fragment is from Upper Egypt and dates to the 4th century. The work is a beautiful poem, possibly a homily, on the feast. 

“I am your forgiveness, 
I am the Passover of your salvation, 
I am the lamb which was sacrificed for you, 
I am your ransom, 
I am your light, 
I am your saviour, 
I am your resurrection, 
I am your king, 
I am leading you up to the heights of heaven, 
I will show you the eternal Father, 
I will raise you up by my right hand.”

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: